Easy OHS

Cement Dust Inhalation Results in Major Fine

Thursday, July 19, 2012

A short period of exposure to cement powder in November of 2009 changed Christopher Leake’s life forever. An employee at Tegra’s cement and construction materials manufacturing plant in Tumut, the then 29 year old Leake suffered severe and permanent injury to his respiratory system when he was caught underneath a large cloud of cement powder that was mistakenly released near where he was working. Read Full Article

Clothing Company Fined $135,000 Over Chemical Burns

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A court has fined a Seymour clothing business $135,000 over the injury of two workers from chemical burns.  Read Full Article


    Download now for Free